So, tomorrow, 0ldt1m3r, Karuji and myself are going to be trying to build a game in a day (24 hours max). We have a few rules to keep it simple and to make it so we all work from the same resources. Im posting this here so people that want to try do this with us (you dont have to do it tomorrow, but within a 24 hour period). We will be starting at about 8:30~9:30 am tomorrow, and hopefully be done by the same time on saturday. The rules we will be working with are as follows:
- We will be working in c# using XNA, and will have a base class we use as a template for everything we add to the game (so that we have a common setup for everything we add to the game).
- We arent allowed to questions one another's method of solving a problem if it works, but we can give one another advice about the methods (if wanted/needed).
- If we have a problem we can only use the sources of inormation listed below
- We will organise out scehdule and such, and pick the game idea (each of us brings 1 or more ideas) when we start, so it is included in the 24 hours.
Sources of informtion/help:
- Each other
- The xna.com website
- Twitter (any direct links from tweets are allowed) Twitter is an invaluable tool for getting information fast
- MSDN website
- IRC (shadowfire and/or efnet only, efnet has an xna channel)
Basically it is an excercise in us 3 wroking on a project quickly (with a deadline) and if it works well, we want to do this again in the near future. Thoughts? Ideas? Going to try this aswell?