Well, after a 24 hour stint with breaks in between we got through 12 hours of solid dev time. Despite oldtimer having to leave off after 6 hours (lack of time due to work) Karuji and myself missioned through code and bugs to get everything together and as many of the proposed features done before the deadline.
Our schedule looked like follows:
10:55am - Friday - Oldtimer and myself went through all the proposed game ideas and and decided that since each of the 3 of use wanted to make a JRPG style game we would go for a JRPG as our game.
11:00am - Friday - Karuji arrived and began putting together the menu
14:00pm - Friday - Lunch break and experimented with recording of music/sound effects
17:00pm - Friday - Called a break as we needed to relocate and have some time off from coding, Oldtimer went home to get a good nights rest for work.
21:30pm - Friday - Karuji and I carried on coding, putting the individual pieces together so we could see where to go
12:30am - Saturday - Decided to call it a night and get some sleep since all the pieces so far were put together
6:00am - Saturday - Karuji and I got up and made a to do list, and proceeded to try and complete the whole list before the deadline
10:30am - Saturday - Karuji and I added some last minute changes to what we're posting as our 24 hour produce, and got food and showers all round.
And here we are, this is the remnant of the todo list (excluding content writing):
NPC shopsQuest SystemView Player Profile (stats, etc)Combat systemmapsystem: add items to pick uploading saved playersdestructible terrainplayer inputting their name for their saveMultiplayerNESSNESSNESSEVENTS system enhancementSkills: add skillsAdd: itemsAdd: item drops to enemiesdebug enemies and A*
And without further ado, the game as is without proper testing or any real content.